International Student Admission Requirements
The standard requirement for admission to Capstone Edge College
Every student applying for Diploma and Certificate programs will be required to possess the following qualifications:
1a. High school diploma
Mature Admission requirement
Applicants who have not achieved a high school diploma can apply as a mature student. Capstone College will consider mature students, who may not possess the above qualifications if they:
- Over the age of 18 (minimum).
- Obtain a satisfactory result on an equivalency test. The candidate should obtain a 60% in the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test administered by the College.
2b. Must complete an academic achievement test to demonstrate required competency. It is required that it be a standard test such as CAAT (Canadian Adult Achievement Test), TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education), CAST (Canadian Achievement Survey Test for Adults).
Tuition Fees and Refund Policy - International
Cancellation of Application
Please notify the Registrar if you wish to cancel your pending application. If you cancel your application after you have accepted Capstone Edge College’s offer of admission application fees is non-refundable. If tuition fee paid before the actual class started, all the tuition fee will be refundable.
Refunds must be initiated within 30 days of withdrawal. The Financial form must be completed and submitted to the Office of the Registrar.
Tuition, fees, and refunds are assessed in accordance with the College’s fee schedule, refund policies and Alberta Student Contract of Private Career College Branch of Ministry of Advance Education Alberta.
The Tuition Refunds section of the Private Career Colleges Branch’s website located at:
Capstone Edge College understand that the Institution may charge the candidate a registration fee of up to $500, which it must credit toward the candidates unpaid tuition fees (Section 14 of the Private Vocational Training Regulation). The Institution may retain this fee if I do not attend the Program unless:
The candidate terminate this contract within four business days of signing it (Section 15 of the Private Vocational Training Regulation.
The Institution terminates this contract before the Program begins (Section 16(2) (a) of the Private Vocational Training Regulation).
The Program does not begin by the start date in Part C of this contract and the candidates choice to terminate this contract as a result (Section 16(2)(b) of the Private Vocational Training Regulation).
The candidate understands that the school cannot require or accept payment of the registration fee until the candidate has signed this student contract and cannot accept payment of any other tuition or any incidental fees before the candidates Program begins (Section 14(2) of the Private Vocational Training Regulation).
The candidate understand that if this contract is terminated after the Program begins, the Institution is entitled to the payment of tuition fees as outlined in Section 17 of the Private Vocational Training Regulation, which is as follows:
- 25% of the total tuition fees as identified in Part C: Program Cost of this contract if 10% or less of the Program is provided
- 60% of the total tuition fees as identified in Part C: Program Cost of this contract if more than 10% but less than 50% of the Program is provided
- 100% if more than 50% of the Program is provided.
The candidate must understand that if he/she paid more tuition than the Institution is entitled to under Section 17(1), the Institution must refund the candidate the difference. The candidate must understand that any refund that the Institution is required to pay will be paid to the source of payment for my tuition fees (i.e. the student, Government, agency, or person other than the student) and/or to any outstanding student loan where applicable (Section 21 of the Private Vocational Training Regulation). The candidate must understand that the Institution may withhold the candidates credential if the candidate does not pay the fee in full at the time of graduation.
Fees Schedule Policy
Students are required to pay a registration fee of $500 at the time of signing the Student Contract. Students are required to pay the tuition fee in full on the first day of the start of the program. Capstone Edge College offers Flexible Payment Plan upon request. Keep in mind that the students in Flexible payment should still follow the standard presented by Alberta Student Contract of Private Career College Branch of Ministry of Advance Education Alberta, specifically stated on Section 17, on the signed student contract.
International Students Fees
|Program Name||Length||Tuition Total|
|Business Administration Diploma||104 Weeks||$22,500.00|
|Medical Office Assistant Certificate||60 Weeks||$10,800.00|
English Language Proficiency (ELP) Policy
Candidates from countries where the language of instruction is not English will need to provide proof of English Language Proficiency. This requirement is waived for candidates that are from a country where English is the official language of instruction.
- If your first language is English, you are not required to provide proof of ELP. Instead, you must show evidence of passing Grade 12 English (or an equivalent course) at credit level.
- If you have successfully completed four or more years of full-time study achieving satisfactory academic progress in a Canadian school, you are not required to provide proof of English facility. Instead, you must show evidence of passing Grade 12 English (or an equivalent course).
- If you have less than four years of full-time study in a Canadian school, you must present proof of English facility.
- If your first language is other than English, and you have successfully completed four years or more in a country where the dominant language is English, you are not required to provide proof of ELP. Instead, you must show evidence of having passed Grade 12 English
- If you have less than four years in a country where the dominant language is English, you must present evidence of ELP. The following are acceptable standardized tests and required benchmarks for meeting the English Language Proficiency requirements.
|Test||Required Score for Diploma Programs||Required Score for Certificate Programs|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)||80||70|
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS)||5.5||5|
|Wonderlic Basic Skills Test (WBST)||70%||60%|
|English for Academic Purposes (EAP)||B||B|
|Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB)||7-8||7|
- English Language Proficiency tests cannot be more than two years old.
- Applicants who are from the following countries are exempt from having to send proof of English Language Proficiency:
|American Samoa||Falkland Islands||Mauritius||St. Kitts|
|Antigua||Ghana||New Zealand||St. Vincent|
|Australia||Gibraltar||Nigeria||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Bhamas||Grenada||Northern Island||Turks and Caicos|
|Belize||Guyana||Panama Canal Zone||United Kingdom|
|Botswana||Ireland (Republic of Eire)||Ryukyu Islands||USA|
Proof of English language proficiency (ELP) may be required from candidates whose first language is not English.
Transcript and educational credential equivalencies may be required to undergo assessment through International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) or World Education Services (WES).
Before you apply to Capstone Edge College for admission, prospective students should contact the International Student Advisor who will guide the applicant with the application process and discuss the suitability of the course to the student’s career objective.
- Make sure that you meet the minimum English Language Proficiency requirements. However, meeting the minimum English Language Proficiency requirement does not guarantee acceptance into the program at Capstone Edge College. Admission is granted on a number of factors, applications are evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Send your transcripts and Proof of English Language Proficiency along with a non- refundable application fee of $100 and a non-refundable document assessment fee of $250.
- Admissions Officer will review the application and the related documents and will be in touch with you once the review is complete or if there is any additional documents required.
- If your application is successful and you are accepted, a letter of acceptance will be issued and mailed/handed out to you. The tuition and fees are to be paid according to the college’s international program fees and refund policies. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) recommends international students to prepare for their trip by reviewing Canada’s entry requirements and applying as soon as possible for their study permit. Detailed information is available on www.cic.gc.ca
Calgary, a cosmopolitan Alberta city with numerous skyscrapers, owes its rapid growth to its status as the center of Canada’s oil industry. However, it’s still steeped in the western culture that earned it the nickname “Cowtown,” evident in the Calgary Stampede, its massive July rodeo and festival that grew out of the farming exhibitions once presented here.
Students who are looking for houses or apartments to stay while studying at Capstone Edge College may look into options including renting, home stay etc. Capstone Edge College has no on-campus housing facilities. Our International Student Advisor can guide students to find affordable housing for rent in Calgary.
For renting the following websites can be explored:
For other social services you can visit at: http://www.calgary.ca/SitePages/cocis/scripts/CategorySocialServices.aspx
Alberta Health Service: www.albertahealthservices.ca//
Capstone Edge College believes that the students' success is translated into the success of the college. We are committed to helping students from the very beginning of registration until the student lands a job. The following services are available to our current students and Alumni:
- Job search techniques
- Resume writing
- Interview preparation
- Job posting on the job boards
Health Care Insurance and Coverage
Capstone Edge College will encourage International students to have adequate health coverage during study period while living in Alberta. If you are a student from outside Canada, you may be eligible for Alberta Health Care Insurance Policy (AHCIP) coverage. You will need to apply for AHCIP coverage. Students under 18 years of age must be added to the AHCIP account of a custodian.
- Students who have a 12-month Study Permit (valid for an Alberta educational institute) and who will reside in Alberta for 12 months or more are eligible for AHCIP coverage.
- Students with Study Permits valid for more than 3 months, but less than 12 months, may be eligible for AHCIP coverage if their application is accompanied by a letter from the student confirming their intent to reside in Alberta for at least 12 months.
- If the application is received within 3 months of entry into Alberta, coverage is effective on the date of either entry into Alberta or the date signed on the Study Permit, whichever is later.
Students are strongly advised those who are not eligible for AHCIP to buy Personal Health Insurance prior to arrival in Canada. For more information you can visit the website: http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/temporary-residents.html
Some Community Organization & Information on Available Student Services in Calgary
Calgary International Learning Centre
1311 - 4 Street SW
Calgary, AB T2R 0X9
Ph: (403) 693 5548
Community Wise Resource Centre
101 223 12th Avenue SW
Calgary Alberta T2R 0G9
Ph: (403) 261 9660
Fax: (403) 234 9532
Centre for New Comers
1010, 999 - 36 Street NE
Calgary, AB T2A 7X6 (Pacific Place Mall - northeast entrance)
Immigrant Services Calgary
1200 910 7th Ave SW
Calgary AB T2P 3N8