Admission Requirements

International Student Admission Requirements

The standard requirement for admission to Capstone Edge College

Every student applying for Diploma and Certificate programs will be required to possess the following qualifications:

1a. High school diploma


1b. GED

Mature Admission requirement

Applicants who have not achieved a high school diploma can apply as a mature student. Capstone College will consider mature students, who may not possess the above qualifications if they:

  1. Over the age of 18 (minimum).
  2. Obtain a satisfactory result on an equivalency test. The candidate should obtain a 60% in the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test administered by the College.


      2b. Must complete an academic achievement test to demonstrate the required competency. It is required that it be a standard test such as CAAT (Canadian Adult Achievement Test), TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education), CAST (Canadian Achievement Survey Test for Adults).

Tuition Fees and Refund Policy - International

Cancellation of Application

Please notify the Registrar if you wish to cancel your pending application. If you cancel your application after you have accepted Capstone Edge College’s offer of admission application fees are non-refundable. If the tuition fees paid before the actual class started, all the tuition fees will be refundable.

Refund Policy

Refunds must be initiated within 30 days of withdrawal. The Financial form must be completed and submitted to the Office of the Registrar.

Tuition, fees, and refunds are assessed in accordance with the College’s fee schedule, refund policies and Alberta Student Contract of Private Career College Branch of Ministry of Advance Education Alberta.

The Tuition Refunds section of the Private Career Colleges Branch’s website located at:

Capstone Edge College understands that the Institution may charge the candidate a registration fee of up to $500, which must credit toward the candidates unpaid tuition fees (Section 14 of the Private Vocational Training Regulation). The Institution may retain this fee if I do not attend the Program unless:

The candidate terminates this contract within four business days of signing it (Section 15 of the Private Vocational Training Regulation.

The Institution terminates this contract before the Program begins (Section 16(2) (a) of the Private Vocational Training Regulation).

The Program does not begin by the start date in Part C of this contract and the candidates choice to terminate this contract as a result (Section 16(2)(b) of the Private Vocational Training Regulation).

The candidate understands that the school cannot require or accept payment of the registration fee until the candidate has signed this student contract and cannot accept payment of any other tuition or any incidental fees before the candidates Program begins (Section 14(2) of the Private Vocational Training Regulation).

The candidate understands that if this contract is terminated after the Program begins, the Institution is entitled to the payment of tuition fees as outlined in Section 17 of the Private Vocational Training Regulation, which is as follows:

  • 25% of the total tuition fees as identified in Part C: Program Cost of this contract if 10% or less of the Program is provided
  • 60% of the total tuition fees as identified in Part C: Program Cost of this contract if more than 10% but less than 50% of the Program is provided
  • 100% if more than 50% of the Program is provided.

The candidate must understand that if he/she paid more tuition than the Institution is entitled to under Section 17(1), the Institution must refund the candidate the difference. The candidate must understand that any refund that the Institution is required to pay will be paid to the source of payment for my tuition fees (i.e. the student, Government, agency, or person other than the student) and/or to any outstanding student loan where applicable (Section 21 of the Private Vocational Training Regulation). The candidate must understand that the Institution may withhold the candidate's credentials if the candidate does not pay the fee in full at the time of graduation.

Fees Schedule Policy

Students are required to pay a registration fee of $500 at the time of signing the Student Contract. Students are required to pay the tuition fee in full on the first day of the start of the program. Capstone Edge College offers a Flexible Payment Plan upon request. Keep in mind that the students in Flexible payment should still follow the standard presented by the Alberta Student Contract of Private Career College Branch of Ministry of Advanced Education Alberta, specifically stated in Section 17, on the signed student contract.

International Programs

International Student Resources

Immigration Documents

Our immigration consultants can help you through the process of applying and renewing documents as well as understanding the international student regulations of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

First, you need a Valid Passport

A passport is issued by your country of citizenship. Your Canadian immigration documents will not be issued beyond the expiry date of your passport. Once in Canada, we recommend renewing your passport at least six months before it expires. If you need to apply for a new passport while in Canada, you can do so through an embassy, diplomatic mission or consulate of your country.

Find out what you need to enter Canada

Before you board a plane to Canada, you either need a temporary resident visa (TRV) or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) unless you are a citizen of the United States. Determine which authorization you need by taking a short Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada questionnaire. You will also need a valid post-secondary study permit to study at Canadian Imperial College if your program of study in Canada is more than six months.

Follow the Regulations

It is important to hold the correct documentation and follow immigration regulations in order to be legally studying and working in Canada.

Lost, stolen or damaged Canadian documents

If one of your Canadian immigration documents has been lost, stolen or damaged, you can apply for a replacement copy. Most documents issued by Canadian immigration authorities can be replaced except for a temporary resident visa (TRV). You will have to apply for a new TRV once you have a valid passport and study permit.

Fixing an error or changing a condition on your document

If you think there is information on your study or work permit that should be changed, speak to an immigration consultant to determine whether you need to apply for an amendment due to an error, or apply to change conditions to overcome a restriction.

Useful Links

- Find out if you need a visa

- Study in Canada as an International student

- Check application processing times

- Studying and working in Canada as an international student


The best way you should start your time at Capstone Edge College on the right foot is by attending International Student Orientation. This is the day that you will receive essential information on how to achieve success throughout your studies and upon graduation.

Information provided includes: 

  • Meet the staff from the International Office and other international students
  • How your health insurance works
  • Setting up a bank account in Canada
  • Immigration issues regarding studying and working in Canada
  • Workshops on how to achieve academic success while at Capstone Edge College
  • Learning about the many resources available to support you during your studies
  • Meet your instructors and classmates
  • Find out more detailed information about your program of study
  • Meet the student services team and discover a number of on-campus services

English Language Proficiency (ELP) Policy

All applicants must have a minimum TOEFL score of 78 (CBT), with nothing less than 19 in each band, for general college admissions, or an IELTS score of 6.0 in any band, for general college admission.

About Calgary

Calgary, a cosmopolitan Alberta city with numerous skyscrapers, owes its rapid growth to its status as the center of Canada’s oil industry. However, it’s still steeped in the western culture that earned it the nickname “Cowtown,” evident in the Calgary Stampede, its massive July rodeo and festival that grew out of the farming exhibitions once presented here.

Newcomers guide:


Students who are looking for houses or apartments to stay while studying at Capstone Edge College may look into options including renting, homestay etc. Capstone Edge College has no on-campus housing facilities. Our International Student Advisor can guide students to find affordable housing for rent in Calgary.

For renting the following websites can be explored:

For other social services, you can visit at

Alberta Health Service:

Career Services

Capstone Edge College believes that the students' success is translated into the success of the college. We are committed to helping students from the very beginning of registration until the student lands a job. The following services are available to our current students and Alumni:

  • Job search techniques
  • Resume writing
  • Interview preparation
  • Job posting on the job boards

Health Care Insurance and Coverage

Capstone Edge College will encourage International students to have adequate health coverage during the study period while living in Alberta. If you are a student from outside Canada, you may be eligible for Alberta Health Care Insurance Policy (AHCIP) coverage. You will need to apply for AHCIP coverage. Students under 18 years of age must be added to the AHCIP account of a custodian.

  • Students who have a 12-month Study Permit (valid for an Alberta educational institute) and who will reside in Alberta for 12 months or more are eligible for AHCIP coverage.
  • Students with Study Permits valid for more than 3 months, but less than 12 months, maybe eligible for AHCIP coverage if their application is accompanied by a letter from the student confirming their intent to reside in Alberta for at least 12 months.
  • If the application is received within 3 months of entry into Alberta, coverage is effective on the date of either entry into Alberta or the date signed on the Study Permit, whichever is later.

Students are strongly advised those who are not eligible for AHCIP to buy Personal Health Insurance prior to arrival in Canada. For more information, you can visit the website:

Some Community Organization & Information on Available Student Services in Calgary

Calgary International Learning Centre
1311 - 4 Street SW
Calgary, AB T2R 0X9
Ph: (403) 693 5548
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Community Wise Resource Centre
101 223 12th Avenue SW
Calgary Alberta T2R 0G9
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Ph: (403) 261 9660
Fax: (403) 234 9532

Centre for New Comers
1010, 999 - 36 Street NE
Calgary, AB T2A 7X6 (Pacific Place Mall - northeast entrance)
Ph: 403.569.3325
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Immigrant Services Calgary
1200 910 7th Ave SW
Calgary AB T2P 3N8
Ph: 403-265-1120
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.